excel Book with different cube views per tab

marisolbritton
New Contributor III

Hello!

Is it possible to create an Excel Book that uses different cube views per tab?  Please share steps.  Thanks!

Marisol

2 REPLIES 2

db_pdx
Contributor III

Multiple CubeViews per Tab in an Excel book?  Yes.  Here are two options with different use cases.

Report Books:

• Reference: "Presenting Data Using Books"
  • Allows you to define mutiple cube view reports (one per tab) that will be exported to Excel upon running the Book.
  • Best for: consistent static reporting of the same set of reports AND for static reporting that loops over a common dimension (loop over the same reports for each region, for example)

Cube View Connections:

• Reference: "Presenting Data With Books, Cube Views and Other Items"
  • Allows you to link multiple reports (one per tab or many per tab) that are LIVE reports and can be refreshed directly from Excel
  • Best for: dynamic reporting where you will change the parameters included in the report on a frequent basis AND when you want access to the Linked Cube Views/Linked Dashboards associated with the initial cube view

Check those reference links in the Design and Reference Guide for step by step instructions.

marisolbritton
New Contributor III

Thank you!! I'll check these too but I ended up creating a parameter for the cube views i want to use.. It worked! 🙂