join statement in SQL command type data adapter/grid view

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi all,

EDIT : I was able to sort this out with some more SQL 🙂

I wanted to confirm one point regarding data adapter using SQL statement.

Right now, I am using a data adapter with SQL command type, which is using a "join" statement to 2 other tables. When I test this data adapter, it is working as expected and I can see the columns coming from the other tables.

However, when I use this data adapter in a Grid View components, then the columns that are supposed to be from the joined tables do not appear. Are there any SQL restrictions when it comes to using SQL commande data adapter in gris view components ?

Many thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

It could be related to how your grid view component is. Is default for columns is visible set to "True." Also, are the column names from the join statement unique?

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi,

It was actually due to the column order : since I am using a data adapter, then in the grid view all columns details specifications should follow the same order of columns as in the data adapter, otherwise I wasn't able to get all columns as output.

Regards,

That's interesting. You can have different order in grid view.

Correct, that was weird indeed. Could have been a setting that was hiding new columns as well, I'm just glad it has been solved 😀