Access Table Data Manager from Finance Rules

vmanojrc30
New Contributor III

Please provide any guidance or knowledge documents on how to access data stored in table data manager tables via Finance Business rules.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

What do you mean by table data manager data? Do you mean you want to get data from the tables created? There must be a lot of examples here if you search for brapi.database.createapplicationconnection. Create an app connection, write a SQL and get the data out.

View solution in original post

JohnMorehead
New Contributor III

I think what you are asking is how do I access data in custom database tables in a finance rule. You can use syntax such as this to pull the results from a SQL query into a .Net DataTable object. Once you have that, you can do all sorts of operations on it. You can use a query that will return a single result and use it, or a set of results and loop over it to do many things:

Using dbConnApp = BRApi.Database.CreateApplicationDbConnInfo(si)

Dim allocationInTable as DataTable = BRApi.Database.ExecuteSqlUsingReader(dbConnApp, “Select * From XFC_ARC_AllocationDefinitions”, False)

'Do something with the DataTable

end Using

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

What do you mean by table data manager data? Do you mean you want to get data from the tables created? There must be a lot of examples here if you search for brapi.database.createapplicationconnection. Create an app connection, write a SQL and get the data out.

JohnMorehead
New Contributor III

I think what you are asking is how do I access data in custom database tables in a finance rule. You can use syntax such as this to pull the results from a SQL query into a .Net DataTable object. Once you have that, you can do all sorts of operations on it. You can use a query that will return a single result and use it, or a set of results and loop over it to do many things:

Using dbConnApp = BRApi.Database.CreateApplicationDbConnInfo(si)

Dim allocationInTable as DataTable = BRApi.Database.ExecuteSqlUsingReader(dbConnApp, “Select * From XFC_ARC_AllocationDefinitions”, False)

'Do something with the DataTable

end Using