Account with combined calculated data and input data?

johnal67
New Contributor III

I want to have an account that has a calculated value (rounding it to thousands), and then allow a Forms input adjustment to it for footing reasons.  The calculated value would have a UD4 of "Calc", and the input would have a UD4 of "Footing".  As soon as I make the account calculated it doesn't seem to let me input to it with the other UD4.  It shows in white background indicating you can input, but I can't put anything in the cell.  Anyone know if what I'm trying to do is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

By "calculated" you mean "Dynamic Calc"?

The way OneStream works, it will execute the first dynamic rule it finds in the sequence (Account -> Flow -> UD1-8), and stop dealing with the cell altogether.

So make sure you don't put the formula on the Account member, leaving it as a stored member, but on the UD. If you set a dynamic rule on UD4 member "Calc", the UD4 member "Footing" should be unaffected and you should be able to store anything you want there.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

By "calculated" you mean "Dynamic Calc"?

The way OneStream works, it will execute the first dynamic rule it finds in the sequence (Account -> Flow -> UD1-8), and stop dealing with the cell altogether.

So make sure you don't put the formula on the Account member, leaving it as a stored member, but on the UD. If you set a dynamic rule on UD4 member "Calc", the UD4 member "Footing" should be unaffected and you should be able to store anything you want there.