Balance sheet issue for Forecast versus Actuals

Rams_2022
New Contributor

Hi All:

I have ran the workflow to copy the Actuals to Forecast and the data got copied over successfully. while validating the balance sheet for the certain IC plug accounts, Etiquity accounts the data is not matching Actuals versus Forecast. For example, the below.

Rams_2022_2-1720109870497.png

I narrow down to the issue, I can see that the difference coming from historical override adjustment and beginning balance. I am not quite sure how to narrow down further to fix this issue, any leads/suggestion to check on this to fix?

Rams_2022_1-1720109583178.png

1 REPLY 1

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, assuming that your Actual scenario setup is YTD and Forecast is periodic, you will typically have to adjust the rules to cater for the difference. I.e. CTA and historical translations (and possibly more) work differently on periodic data. So you will have to dig into this a lot deeper (especially on a flow member level), analyze the numbers in detail, track down the rules used to calculate the numbers, adjust, test and verify. 

That is often work that the implementation partner does as part of the implementation of a solution as not all customers have the expertise in-house to adjust the rules in a viable way.