Best way to pass cube view data into a business rule data table?

Sergey
Contributor III

Dear community,

I am currently using FDXExecuteCubeView in order to get only data coming from a cube view that the user is selecting into a business rule data table.

However, FDXExecuteCubeView need to specify the entity & scenario member filters which is a pain when these are parametric.

--> So I was wondering if there are other way to get the data coming only from a cube view ? I was thinking of a data adapter component but it seems that the cube view passed in those can't be parametric (ie. the name of the cube view can't be a parameter).

What are the other, possible better way, to get only the data coming from a cube view ?

Regards,

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Another approach would be to have a DataAdapter of type CubeView or CubeViewMD, then in your rule using brapi.Dashboards.Process.GetXFDataSetInfoForAdapter to retrieve it. The returned XFDataSetInfo object has a .DataSet parameter that contains the data.

Depending on what you're doing and the data size, this could be slower than FDX calls - but if it solves the problem it might be worth the trade-off.