Broadcast message

rrajasekar
New Contributor II

Hi,

Is it possible to pop up a message to all the active users of an application through a business rule? When the data load starts, we want to pop up a message that the process as started.

Ragav.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi Ragav,

Depending on your version, there are options in System > System Configuration > Environment where you can set messages for all users. However, it is not dynamic as you would like it to have.

Sergey_0-1693569790404.png

In any case, all business rules executed are traced and logged, and can be accessed by all users through the icons on the top :

Sergey_1-1693569842308.png

Looking forward if anyone has come up with a more suitable solution to your use case.

Regards,

Cyril

View solution in original post

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You need the appropriate security right (which is a System right, not Application), I don't remember it off the top of my head but should be easy to guess. That screen was added precisely to help cloud customers, so I'd find it funny if it weren't available.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi Ragav,

Depending on your version, there are options in System > System Configuration > Environment where you can set messages for all users. However, it is not dynamic as you would like it to have.

Sergey_0-1693569790404.png

In any case, all business rules executed are traced and logged, and can be accessed by all users through the icons on the top :

Sergey_1-1693569842308.png

Looking forward if anyone has come up with a more suitable solution to your use case.

Regards,

Cyril

The System Config screen appears to be greyed out for me.  Does the System Config screen have to be activated or b/c we are in SAAS, does OS Support need to add banners for us?

Thx,

Mike

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You need the appropriate security right (which is a System right, not Application), I don't remember it off the top of my head but should be easy to guess. That screen was added precisely to help cloud customers, so I'd find it funny if it weren't available.

yes I found it in system security roles.  I entered a value in the banner message but it didn't seem to show up.  Not sure if I need to reset IIS or if the fact that we have an Environment Name displaying is blocking it from showing.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You need to disconnect and reconnect, and then it should show up. Does on mine, and I have a name too, at the very top:

JackLacava_0-1693922964183.png

JackLacava_1-1693922997623.png

you are correct...it works...thx