Calculation Error "Error processing script: 'A#All = 0 * A#All"

jzachar
New Contributor

I was running into issues clearing durable data prior to Clearing it so I calculated the data prior to the Clear statement so the data was "calculated", then ran the ClearCalculatedData stmt.  It works fine for me, but I have admin access and it works fine for a select few users.  But for the majority of users they receive the error "Error processing script: 'A#All = 0 * A#All".  I can not easily test in Prod as my hands are tied as far as making security changes.  In prod I have other users with the same set of security groups (just pointing to other entity WFs) and they do not receive the error.  In our Dev environment I can set up a native user with the exact same security groups as a prod user that fails and I do not receive an error.  As for it being an issue with data, I have an entity where 1 user can run it and another can not.  And they have the same set of security groups. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is going on?

I also thought that the ClearCalculatedData should have been able to clear it (durable data) with the Boolean set to true, but it doesn't.   

Does anyone have any thought on why the clear does not work w/o calculating the data prior to clearing it?  I did see a note about the ClearCalculatedData that the final argument must be true to clkear any data with a storage type Durable. But I'm not exactly sure what this means - can someone clarify that statement for me?

This is the code:  

jzachar_1-1686854359455.png

This is the error:

jzachar_2-1686854469311.png

3 REPLIES 3

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi there!
Before doing a calculation, it clears previous calculated data. Except the durable data.
I would not multiply by 0, it is a wrong approach. The clear calculated data with the option to clear Durable data should work.
So, if I were you I would look at the BR assign to the cube and the scenario, as there might be somethign that calculattes again after you run a clear. Try to disable all BR and Scenario Formulae.... 
Also have a look a the DUCS sequence, as there might be formula passes elsewhere.
I also would like to point at you that there is a new solution in Open Place that is called Calculation Sequence Dashboard. https://solutionexchange.onestream.com/dashboard/home/browse
If it helps please give a kudo.
Nic

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

jzachar
New Contributor

Thank you for your insight, but the question was really why do some users receive an error when running this BR and others don't.  I was even able to clone the ID of a user that received the error and the cloned ID can run the BR w/o receiving an error.  The 2 IDs, one native and the other externally authenticated, have the same security (assigned to same groups), and one receives an error and the other does not.  Why/how?

DV
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a similar issue. Could you please let me know if this was resolved?

Thank you!