Can we programmatically change the WF POV?

kwojsz
New Contributor III

I'm trying to change the WF POV via DashboardExtender BR. I noticed there is Enum XFSelectionChangedPovActionType but I don't see any object which can make a use of this. Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

You can change the workflow scenario and time programmatically:
BRApi.Workflow.General.SetSelectedWorkflowView(si, profileName, scenarioName, timeName)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

Have you tried using the POV Action in Action section that allows you to change POV and Workflow 

Omkareshwar_0-1691166061362.png

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

kwojsz
New Contributor III

Yes, I'm aware of this feature, but I want to have this functionality in the BR. My use case is not linked to dashboard in fact. I'd like to change WF POV on demand. I wonder if there's enum, shouldn't there be any method/property which will make use of this enum?

I don't have any idea about that I can try doing the same on my system If I can get any success, I'll let you know.

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

You can change the workflow scenario and time programmatically:
BRApi.Workflow.General.SetSelectedWorkflowView(si, profileName, scenarioName, timeName)

kwojsz
New Contributor III

Thanks Rob! This actually didn't help with my use-case (I was able to solve it differently, but this helped to find a bug in my code), but still, good to know this method!