Combo box multiselect parameter list

brookb
New Contributor

I have a dashboard where I created Parameter1 using bound list which is referenced in a combo box. A button then passes the data to the business rule. The issue I am having is that it only recognizes the first selected member and ignores all other selected members. How do you pass a multiselect list from combo box in Dashboard in order to loop through the list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pass the parameter inside []. It'll appear as a comma-separated list and if you don't escape using square brackets it'll only show you the first one.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you post how you're "passing the data to the business rule", and how the rule actually retrieves it?

I am using a button that executes a data management sequence which passes the parameter to a business rule. In the business rule I set Dim acct As String = args.CustomCalculateArgs.NameValuePairs("Acct"). When testing using brapi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, acct) it only writes the first member and not the comma delimited list. How can I get the list of accounts to use in a filter to clear those members api.Data.ClearCalculatedData(True,True,True,True,,,,,,,,,,,,)?

Did you use []s?

Yes, I did and it worked. Thanks!

Pass the parameter inside []. It'll appear as a comma-separated list and if you don't escape using square brackets it'll only show you the first one.

Federmann
New Contributor III

I have a very similar situation and would like to use the selected parameters directly in a cubeview member filter

Row1:

Entity     :   E#|!Multiselect_Combobox!| 

As described in the initial post, it only uses the first selected entry. I tried with square brackets [|!...!|] but this did not work. Do I need to use a different notation?

For that case try E#Root.List([|!Multiselect_Combobox!|])

Succeeded to make that work now. The correct way seems to be above solution without the square brackets:

E#Root.List(|!Multiselect_Combobox!|)

Thanks for the hints!