Dynamic Calculation without aggregation and consolidation

Kathleen
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to have a member rule dynamically calculate and not consolidate to parent entities, which is working.  However, it also needs the member rule to override the summation of MTD to YTD.  I need the account to recalculate always.  

i have a simple api.data.GetDataCell ("A#Account1 / A#Account2)

I have the settings:

• account type: dynamically calculate
  • formula type: dynamically calculate
  • Is consolidated: Conditional

is there something else i need to do?  thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Dynamic Calcs do not consolidate or aggregate. They recalculate at each intersection being retrieved. Can you provide more information on what is meant by "override the summation of MTD to YTD"?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Dynamic Calcs do not consolidate or aggregate. They recalculate at each intersection being retrieved. Can you provide more information on what is meant by "override the summation of MTD to YTD"?

Thank you for the confirmation.  that was helpful.  i was having a difficult time getting calculations to work.  There were many accounts dependent on other accounts to get the correct answer.  I believe the issue was that the one account (denominator) in my calculation was bringing in an account from another scenario that was set as balance, and I need it to be a flow account.  I had to bring in the account and add it to the previous period to be able come up with the correct amount.  Thanks again