FdxExecuteCubeView but just with rows & columns headers ?

Sergey
Contributor III

Dear Community,

For one of my project I need to get the values of a given cube view as a data table within my business rule. I can fairly use the FdxExecuteCubeView which will give me this kind of output :

Cube Entity Local Scenario Time YTD Account None Top None None None None None None None None None 22.86874 21.68644 1.182297 5.451777

while my cube view is only showing accounts in rows and time in columns. One of the problem here is that I don't get the columns headers for the values ...

So my question is : is there a way to get an data extract in a form of a data table directly from a cube view with the same rows & columns headers only ?

Many thanks and happy holidays !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BeauReynolds
New Contributor II

There are a could of options to get the column headers.  Do you need them for the extract or for reference when looping through the data?

The options for useStandardFactTableFields parameter in the FdxExecuteCubeView  should enable you to export  will change the column names. 

True will return

Cube,Entity,Parent,Cons,Scenario,Time,View,Account,Flow,Origin,IC,UD1,UD2,UD3,UD4,UD5,UD6,UD7,UD8,RowHdr0ParentName, V2022M1(Amount)....

False will return:

PovCubeName,Pov00EntityName,Pov01ConsolidationName,Pov02ScenarioName,Pov03TimeName...

I usually have some log commands to help figure it out. 

Dim colList as List(of String) = BRApi.Import.Data.FdxGetCubeViewOrDataUnitColumnList(si, timeMemFilter, isTimePivot, useGenericTimeColNames)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BeauReynolds
New Contributor II

There are a could of options to get the column headers.  Do you need them for the extract or for reference when looping through the data?

The options for useStandardFactTableFields parameter in the FdxExecuteCubeView  should enable you to export  will change the column names. 

True will return

Cube,Entity,Parent,Cons,Scenario,Time,View,Account,Flow,Origin,IC,UD1,UD2,UD3,UD4,UD5,UD6,UD7,UD8,RowHdr0ParentName, V2022M1(Amount)....

False will return:

PovCubeName,Pov00EntityName,Pov01ConsolidationName,Pov02ScenarioName,Pov03TimeName...

I usually have some log commands to help figure it out. 

Dim colList as List(of String) = BRApi.Import.Data.FdxGetCubeViewOrDataUnitColumnList(si, timeMemFilter, isTimePivot, useGenericTimeColNames)