Finance Business Rule - FinanceFunctionType.FxRate

wnindl
Contributor

Dear Community Members,
I have cloned the Blueprint OSB_CustomTranslate to apply code when FunctionType FxRate fires.

My cube is set to Standard Using Business Rules for FxRates.
My business rule is set as Business Rule 1 (and 2 as a matter of fact for logging purposes only).

I am running Translate, Custom Translate, Consolidate, ForceConsolidate but i cannot get the FXRate FunctionType to fire.  I am logging in the rule to get a log message for every different FunctionType that fires.  Getting Calculate but not FXRate.
Any tips would be much appreciated.  I am sure the resolution will be utterly embarassing but i am at the end of my wits.

5 REPLIES 5

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

You need to set the cube to this...

Henning_0-1718252875036.png

...which you already did.

Then you need to assign your new Finance rule to the cube as well:

Henning_2-1718252965354.png

Henning_1-1718252940329.png

Then make sure your Namespace is equal to the Finance Rule name. Because you copied another rule, maybe you missed adjusting the name?

Namespace OneStream.BusinessRule.Finance.CustomTranslateWithOldFinanceRuleName

Henning_3-1718253033140.png

And then you need to translate / consolidate an entity hierarchy with different currencies. If you accidentally consolidate only USD entities, or on C#Local of a base entity, this rule does not fire either.

That should be it, in my case this writes to the error log.

Good morning Henning and thank you so much for taking the time for this detailed answer.
Much too my confusion, i do have all of these steps in place (which I might have said before with 'issues' just to find out that i had missed a small piece). 
I will follow your instructions step by step and report back.
But again, truly appreciate you taking the time to answer and document step-by-step.

Henning
Valued Contributor

The next thing that comes to mind which I did not say is that you also need to assign the BR (and the settings) to the correct cube in case you have a multi-cube solution using linked cubes (vertical extensibility).

I hope you'll figure it out soon 🙂

wnindl
Contributor

Still mystified.  All my settings were as you described (thanks again for the details).

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Assuming you got all the setting right, the next question is how are you testing this exactly? Possible that it is actually working, but the test(ing method) is not right. Happens more often than not. 

If you'd like to dig deeper, may I ask you to share the exact steps you are taking to test this?

After that - or, alternatively - you could start this from scratch. Fresh cube, new scenario, new rule, new cube view, new workflow profile, etc.