First Common Parent

Johnny
New Contributor II

Hi all, I am building a cube view for my end users to tell them the first common parent of two entities based on parameter inputs. However, I am having trouble with the BRApi.Finance.Members.GetFirstCommonParent formula as used in a Dashboard XFBR String.

Here is the formula at prompt: 

BRApi.Finance.Members.GetFirstCommonParent(si, dimPk, topMostMemberId, memberIdA, memberIdB, dimDisplayOptions)

The input for "topMostMemberId" seems to dominate the return value of the formula. If I put our top most entity hierarchy memberId into the input, the formula will return that value, even if it is not the first common parent. If tried a number of different inputs here, all of them seems to just spit out on the return.

What am I missing? Is there something in the dimDisplayOptions I need to toggle? 

Here is my VBA: 

If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("GFCP") Then
Dim EntityInputName1 As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("Entity1")
Dim EntityInputName2 As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("Entity2")

Dim EntityInputId1 As Integer = BRApi.Finance.Members.GetMemberId(si,0,EntityInputName1) '0 = corpentity
Dim EntityInputId2 As Integer = BRApi.Finance.Members.GetMemberId(si,0,EntityInputName2) '0 = corpentity

Dim entityDimPk As DimPk = BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, "CorpEntity")
Dim TopParentID As Integer = BRApi.Finance.Members.GetMemberId(si, entityDimPk.DimTypeId, "All_Entities") 'Top of hiearchy

Dim mbr As Member = BRApi.Finance.Members.GetFirstCommonParent(si, entityDimPk, TopParentID, EntityInputId1, EntityInputId2)

Return mbr.Name

2 REPLIES 2

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

I can confirm there seems to be an issue with the "TopMostMemberID".

I don't get " If I put our top most entity hierarchy memberId into the input, the formula will return that value, even if it is not the first common parent." when I test this, but I am getting the formula does not consider the "TopMostMemberID" and returns the FCP in another hierarchy. In my case, there are multiple hierarchies with these Entities.

I think this should be logged with support.

North
New Contributor

I was also having issues with the BRApi. When talking with a OS rep, he made a comment this was a known error and to use api instead. See below, these were my local variables but there is not difference between api and BRApi that I recall when I switched. I am using this for a Profit Center elimination and it instantly worked how I was expecting. Give this a shot. 

Dim sFCP As Member = Api.Members.GetFirstCommonParent(oUD1DimPk,iUD1Top,iUD1Id,iUD5Id)