Getting an error when calling an assemblies from DM step

hbindu
New Contributor III

I have an Assembly which is compiling without errors. The Assembly type is DashboardStringFunction. I called the assembly from DM step in the Time Filter:

XFBR(Worspace.PS_Allocation_Rules.PS_Allocation.PS_XFBR_Allocation, MultiSelectTime, Allocation_MonthsToCopy=[|!Allocation_MonthsToCopy!|])

When I execute the step, I am getting below error:

Error processing Data Management Step 'Allocations_AllAccountBkt_Step'. Invalid parameter. Time Filter, #ERROR: XFBR[Worspace.PS_Allocation_Rules.PS_Allocation.PS_XFBR_Allocation, MultiSelectTime, Allocation_MonthsToCopy=[2023]].

I am calling the function as per the reference material:

XFBR(Workspace.WorkspaceName.AssemblyName.FileName, FunctionName)

Appreciate your inputs

8 REPLIES 8

Cosimo
Contributor II

I could be wrong but I don't think you need to include ValidateEmployStatusSelectedEmployee within the XFBR. Try this?

XFBR(PS_XFBR_Allocation, MultiSelectTime, Allocation_MonthsToCopy=[|!Allocation_MonthsToCopy!|])

hbindu
New Contributor III

if the XFBRstring is created within assemblies then I think we will have to call it like: XFBR(Workspace.WorkspaceName.AssemblyName.FileName, FunctionName). This is based on the reference guide.

aricgresko
Contributor III

Could it be as simple as misspelling "Workspace" at the beginning of your XFBR?

Error processing Data Management Step 'Allocations_AllAccountBkt_Step'. Invalid parameter. Time Filter, #ERROR: XFBR[Worspace.PS_Allocation_Rules.PS_Allocation.PS_XFBR_Allocation, MultiSelectTime, Allocation_MonthsToCopy=[2023]].

hbindu
New Contributor III

My bad, I fixed it, but pasted the old error msg. After fixing the workspace, still getting the same error.

'Allocations_AllAccountBkt_Step'. Invalid parameter. Time Filter, #ERROR: XFBR[Workspace.PS_Allocation_Rules.PS_Allocation.PS_XFBR_Allocation, MultiSelectTime, Allocation_MonthsToCopy=[2023]].

JackLacava
Honored Contributor

Works for me on version 8.4.

JackLacava_3-1726519427685.pngJackLacava_0-1726519350558.png

JackLacava_1-1726519371710.png

JackLacava_2-1726519394095.png

Make sure your function returns a string starting with T# (because it's a Filter). Maybe test it on a dummy cubeview first, to verify it actually returns what you expect (the Workspace might have to be set to Shareable for that to work).

hbindu
New Contributor III

I am on 8.2.2 and I tried hardcoding the return value, still getting the same error.

JackLacava
Honored Contributor

If you've tested with a Cube View using the same syntax, and it returns the right filter there, you will have to talk to Support, as it might be a release-specific bug.

hbindu
New Contributor III
Below is the code, I tried in Cubeview. Not sure if I have to use the same syntax to call the XFBR assembly.
hbindu_3-1726521740329.png

Below is the code, I added logs to the assembly, but nothing getting displayed in the error log. I feel like the call is not correct, hence it's not able to read the function. I tried even removing the parameters. Still no luck.

Below is the assembly function

hbindu_1-1726521379096.png