How to clear data on specific intersection?

Rohit_Malani
New Contributor

Hello,

We need to clear data on the specific intersections of Account, Entity, UD2, UD3, and UD5 members (all members from the remaining dimensions). The data is copied from the Actual to the Forecast scenario. So, I tried to use clearcalculateddata API in the member formula but it is clearing data on that account for all members of UD dimensions. Can you please help with the simplest way to clear the data on a specific intersection?

Ex. We need to clear data for the below intersection. The below line is clearing the data for A#7041 irrespective of other defined UD members.

api.Data.ClearCalculatedData(True,True,True,True,"A#7041:O#Import:F#Base:U2#13056:U3#327:U5#01973")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, did you try using IntelliSense and follow as indicated? In your case it would look something like this:

api.Data.ClearCalculatedData(True,False,False,False,"A#7041","F#Base","O#Import",,,"U2#13056","U3#327",,"U5#01973")

You put all your dimension filters into the account filter, which is why it only recognizes the account in your case. Also, since you are only looking to clear calculated data, I set the other parameters to False (clear translated data, clear consolidated data, clear durable calculated data).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, did you try using IntelliSense and follow as indicated? In your case it would look something like this:

api.Data.ClearCalculatedData(True,False,False,False,"A#7041","F#Base","O#Import",,,"U2#13056","U3#327",,"U5#01973")

You put all your dimension filters into the account filter, which is why it only recognizes the account in your case. Also, since you are only looking to clear calculated data, I set the other parameters to False (clear translated data, clear consolidated data, clear durable calculated data).

This worked. Thank you, Henning!