How to know the status of derived data

Ashu_Aswal
New Contributor III

Hi All, 

we are trying to check the data before deleting a member, the issue is with derived data if we have derived data in that member not able to track it. while deleting the member it show having data but in real there is no data only 0 derived is there not sure how to handle this. Please let me know if any more details required.

Ashu_Aswal_0-1724932105111.png

6 REPLIES 6

SH_INT
Contributor

The values may be derived but they are still stored, hence why you see them when you look at the data records which contain a particular member. The fact that the values are zero is a bit of a worry as that probably means you have a poorly written calculation which is generating unnecessary zeroes.

You will not be able to delete any members which have any data stored against them 

Ashu_Aswal
New Contributor III

Thank you, @SH_INT, for the explanation. I understand that I cannot delete any member until I have data on them. My goal is to check the data status of each member before proceeding with deletion so that I can exclude them from my delete list . However, I am currently unable to verify the data status, even for this derived data. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

SH_INT
Contributor

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by "I am currently unable to verify the data status ...". Can you elaborate?

Ashu_Aswal
New Contributor III

I am not sure if I am doing any silly mistake here , so basically the Derived data(0) I am able to see at data records with same intersection if I pull that in quick view can't see anything even zeros and where trying to see the status in business rule using buffer not able to check it not sure why. 

Make sure you do not have zero suppression on in your Quick View

Ashu_Aswal
New Contributor III

Yes I have done that already, Thanks a lot for your time.