Intercompany Entity Description

sdayringer
New Contributor III

I don't know much about method queries, so I'm hoping to get some feedback on how to build off of or reference the data tables as well as where these tables are stored. The ICMatchingForWorkflowUnitMultiPlug method type used in the Intercompany Matching application reports returns the entities as "Name - Description," which causes a few problems for us considering our entity names' were created with an obscene number of characters and underscores. I've copied the reports and data adapters, but not sure how to write the script within the Report Designer or how to alter the data adapter... Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

When in doubt, for an adapter, you can clear the Method Query property and launch it with the Test Data Adapter button. The resulting error message will contain some documentation on the parameters the method supports. In your case, I get this:

JackLacava_5-1678444153955.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of those parameters concerns the manipulation of output format, so we'll have to do a bit more work.

Let's assume our Entity looks like this:

JackLacava_6-1678445679705.png

On the Report Designer, we create a Calculated Field by right-clicking on the datasource element in Field List:

JackLacava_7-1678445743034.png

Then we right-click on it, and Edit Expression:

JackLacava_8-1678445779553.png

In the expression, we take values from the PrimaryEntity field, and strip anything before the separator:

Substring([PrimaryEntity], CharIndex(' -', [PrimaryEntity])+2)

Then we drag and drop the calculated field onto our detail band, to create a label bound to the field. In this case, I've placed both the original field and the new one side by side, to show original value and new ones. The circle in the middle is just a marker, you don't need it.

JackLacava_9-1678445937999.png

Let's look at the results using the Preview tab top-right...

JackLacava_10-1678446078883.png

Woot!

For more detailed info on the Report Designer, you should grab the Studio guides, which were last shipped in OneStream 7.0.1 - available in the Platform area of Marketplace, just change the version to 7.0 and grab the On-Premise Server and Documentation package, it will contain the PDF guides.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

When in doubt, for an adapter, you can clear the Method Query property and launch it with the Test Data Adapter button. The resulting error message will contain some documentation on the parameters the method supports. In your case, I get this:

JackLacava_5-1678444153955.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of those parameters concerns the manipulation of output format, so we'll have to do a bit more work.

Let's assume our Entity looks like this:

JackLacava_6-1678445679705.png

On the Report Designer, we create a Calculated Field by right-clicking on the datasource element in Field List:

JackLacava_7-1678445743034.png

Then we right-click on it, and Edit Expression:

JackLacava_8-1678445779553.png

In the expression, we take values from the PrimaryEntity field, and strip anything before the separator:

Substring([PrimaryEntity], CharIndex(' -', [PrimaryEntity])+2)

Then we drag and drop the calculated field onto our detail band, to create a label bound to the field. In this case, I've placed both the original field and the new one side by side, to show original value and new ones. The circle in the middle is just a marker, you don't need it.

JackLacava_9-1678445937999.png

Let's look at the results using the Preview tab top-right...

JackLacava_10-1678446078883.png

Woot!

For more detailed info on the Report Designer, you should grab the Studio guides, which were last shipped in OneStream 7.0.1 - available in the Platform area of Marketplace, just change the version to 7.0 and grab the On-Premise Server and Documentation package, it will contain the PDF guides.

sdayringer
New Contributor III

This absolutely worked - thank you!!