Issue when referencing a DynamicCalc Account in a DynamicCalc UD8 member

aricgresko
Contributor III

I have UD8 DynamicCalc members that calculate various Growth %s.  These work as expected when the Account dimension member referenced in the formula has a normal Account Type (e.g., Revenue or Expense).  It doesn't work when the Account Dimension member's Account Type is a DynamicCalc.

Any tips on how to solve for this?  We can workaround this with some math in Cube Views, but would love to have a workaround for XFGetCell and Quick Views.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PKiernan
New Contributor III

Can you put the UD8 member in the Dynamic Calc Account?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PKiernan
New Contributor III

Can you put the UD8 member in the Dynamic Calc Account?

Thank you! After reading Jack's response below, I believe this is about as good as it gets.  Code could get lengthy if we would ever have to embed other UD8 calcs into the DynamicCalc accounts, but that's a challenge for another day. 

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You mean you put a formula on a UD8 member, and it doesn't get executed when looking at an intersection of that member and an Account marked as DynamicCalc?

If so, that's the expected behaviour. Basically, OneStream will look for dynamic formulas to execute on a cell by following the "usual" calculation order, i.e. Account first, then Flow, then UD1, then UD2 etc etc. As soon as it finds a formula in one of the dimensions, it executes it, returns the value to the interface, and stops.

That means that, if you mark your Account as dynamic, OneStream will execute the Account formula and stop, without ever looking into other members.

Thanks for the info Jack; that totally makes sense with the order of operations.