Load data from custom table into Import step of workflow

vijay
New Contributor III

hi,

I have created the custom table and loaded the records into it using the Finance BR. Finance BR is called by the DM step and now i have to read the custom table records and render  into the import step of the workflow on clicking the load and transform button . Any steps on this is appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

MarcusH
Contributor III

Create a Connector Data Source which you add to your WF. That specifies a Connector Business Rule to execute which returns the data table containing your data.

The BR has 2 sections you need to fill in: GetFieldList and GetData. And then you need to specify the ProcessData command - you might build the return data table using SQL or through script. This post has a bit more info:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Workflow-and-Data-Integration/Connector-Rule-Object-refer...

vijay
New Contributor III

I tried the above , data is returned from the custom table ,But am getting the below error in the transformation rule even though i have the year 2024 and Forecast_Working in the TR.

Summary: No valid DataKeys (Scenario / Time) found in data source. Review the source data load processing log and check one-to-one transformation rules to ensure that you have created proper Scenario and Time dimension rules for this data source.

vijay_0-1693504008284.png

MarcusH
Contributor III

That error means that the import process cannot identify what scenario and/or time period the data should be imported to. You have either not included the Scenario and/or Period in the source template or you have not added the Transformation Rules for the Source Scenario and/or Period.

It is always better to look at the xfl file from here.

ckattookaran_0-1693578766897.png

That will give you a better idea on what is going on.

vijay
New Contributor III

Yes am about to share it. After makign some changes to TR , the log has the rows loaded . But am not seeing the rows in the import section.  Not sure whether the custom table data can be loaded into the staging table of import. 

vijay_0-1693579464110.png

Do you see data in the validate tab? maybe your file is having a different time and scenario and it is loading to that workflow?

MarcusH
Contributor III

As Celvin says check that you are on the correct workflow POV.

Have a look at this message it might highlight if your setup is incorrect:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Workflow-and-Data-Integration/How-to-Load-a-Data-File-hav...