Long Term Forecast - Entity Allocation

BenStuart
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm in the early stages of building a long-term forecasting cube in our application. The initial requirement is that the business can load volumes, SSP, and product cost by product type to a single 'memo' entity, market, and customer, and then the model will allocate this across base members based on some % drivers. 

The Entity piece seems the most complex as I need to translate the amounts to the local currency when allocating so that the business can perform sensitivity analysis on FX rate changes. I've managed to get something allocated across a few entities just using an ADC, however it is writing the amounts to local currency as well as GBP (group currency), which means that when the entities consolidate, they remain at their 'local' currency levels.

I tried specifying the destination C#, but it seems to not allow this. Has anyone else done something similar, or knows if OS is capable of this?  

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you clarify what you mean by "an ADC"?

If I understand correctly, you are running allocs in USD and need to reverse translate the alloc amount to local currency on foreign currency entities? If so, yes this is definitely possible.