Looking for debugging advice

chuckbo
New Contributor III

I've been given a task to debug an error that happens when we confirm a month, and I'm not sure what some of the messages are telling me.

When I run Confirmation, I get an error in a dialog box, and the title of the Dialog Box is "Extensible Finance." Should I be looking for a confirmation or a business rule with that name? The error text is "A#Facilities_Allocation:F#None:O#Forms:I#None:U1#None:U2#1:U3#None:u4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None" which I recognize as a ... I forget the term but I think of it as the filter parameters.

But I'm not sure where to look for this. If I scroll down further in the task activity and open the error message to see the details, I see a line that says 
     Source code: ConfirmationEngineWcf.cs, line 133, method ExecuteConfirmation

Is there a rule called ConfirmationEngineWcf that I should be looking for?

Chuck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Error like this indicates something is wrong with the intersection. Specified member in particular. Check silly stuff first, such as spelling. Try to paste the intersection into the database > data records too see if it returns something (my guess it will return an error, similar, that you posted already).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RachealCrowder
New Contributor II

Hi Chuck,

Based on the details you've provided, the rule in error is not clear.  Perhaps add a screenshot of the error and/or the full text of the error message.  Confirmation Business Rules are generally stored on the Confirmation Rule itself, although, they may be configured to call a rule in the Rule library.  To view the text of the rule, do the following:

1) Navigate to Application tab

2) Select Workflow

3) Select Confirmation Rules

4) Identify and select the appropriate Rule Group

5) Identify and select the appropriate Rule

6) Click the Edit Rule Formula icon to view and edit the rule formula

RachealCrowder_0-1638896454507.png

chuckbo
New Contributor III

Here is the error I see when I run the Confirm step.

chuckbo_0-1638908905446.png

Does that help any?
When I look at the status after the confirmation, I see a table of 8 rules. The CashFlow Check failed because the values are out of balance. I'm guessing that one of the next two checks is what failed and generated that error, but I don't know how to determine which rule produced the error message. I don't know what the red vs the orange status means. I also don't know why the last three checks didn't even run. Is there a way to manually run a single rule to see what results it generates?

chuckbo_1-1638909356765.png

chuckbo
New Contributor III

I pasted the error information from the details behind the Confirm task in the Task History (but the moderator rejected the reply). Let me try again with less detail. I'm especially curious what the line numbers refer to. The rules that I think are running don't have 600+ lines of code.

Description: Unable to execute formula.
Error Time: 12/7/2021 4:23:24 PM
Error Level: Error

[snip]

----------------------------------------
Exception Type: XFException
Thread Id: 102
Source code: ConfirmationEngineWcf.cs, line 133, method ExecuteConfirmation

Source code: ConfirmationEngineWcf.cs, line 369, method ExecuteRuleFormula

Source code: FormulaAssembly.cs, line 93, method Execute

Source code: XFFormulaAssemblyCompilerDotNetFw.cs, line 84, method Execute

Source code: line 0, method Main

Source code: DataApi.cs, line 588, method InternalGetDataCellUsingScript

Message: Invalid script 'A#Facilities_Allocation:F#None:O#Forms:I#None:U1#None:U2#1:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None' near 'Facilities_Allocation'.
Source code: DataApi.cs, line 608, method InternalGetDataCellUsingScript

Stack Trace: [snip]

Error like this indicates something is wrong with the intersection. Specified member in particular. Check silly stuff first, such as spelling. Try to paste the intersection into the database > data records too see if it returns something (my guess it will return an error, similar, that you posted already).

chuckbo
New Contributor III

Thanks much! 

I didn't know about the Database -> Data Records screen, and this will help a lot.