Mapping Individual members using Data Buffer while copying data.

Kashinath
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

I have a rule that is using DataBuffer to copy data from 1 cube to another. The 2 cubes use separate Flow Dimensions . right now I have given in the following way :

Kashinath_0-1721213950844.png

Is there any way I can give individual mappings of the base members instead of copying parent data.

For example :Suppose BGBAL and EBAL are base members of F#SF_Movement.

Map F#BGBAL in source Dimension to  F#BegBal in Destination

Map #EBAL in Source Dimension to  F#EndBal. in Destination

Is such data mapping possible ?.

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sameburn
Contributor

Hi @Kashinath this is possible with the method you are using. However you need to add each base member line individually e.g you need to map two separate DataBufferConvMapItems to your DataBufferConvDimInfo collection. E.g instead of F#SF_Movement.Base replace it with F#BGBAL and F#EBAL as source member filter(s) and replace F#None with F#BegBal for your destination member filter on both lines.

You can do this using dataBufferConvDimInfo.Add() for each DataBufferConvMapItem

Then you use the ConvertDataBuffer api to convert the data buffer from source to target, as desired.

That should resolve your issue. Log the buffer and check results 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sameburn
Contributor

Hi @Kashinath this is possible with the method you are using. However you need to add each base member line individually e.g you need to map two separate DataBufferConvMapItems to your DataBufferConvDimInfo collection. E.g instead of F#SF_Movement.Base replace it with F#BGBAL and F#EBAL as source member filter(s) and replace F#None with F#BegBal for your destination member filter on both lines.

You can do this using dataBufferConvDimInfo.Add() for each DataBufferConvMapItem

Then you use the ConvertDataBuffer api to convert the data buffer from source to target, as desired.

That should resolve your issue. Log the buffer and check results 🙂

Kashinath
New Contributor II

Hi @sameburn ,

thanks , it is working as expected. I have some other doubts related to this.

• If I am mapping a dimension  -  take Flow for Example using   DataBufferConvMapItem, do I need to mention this dimension in the Source and Destination Data buffer?.
  • If I have multiple dimensions where this individual mapping needs to be done, Is the below code correct or any changes need to be done ?.

Kashinath_1-1721316452146.png

• In the below case where I am adding mapping for all UD Dimensions . Is the code correct .? Do I need to mention the UD Dimensions again in the Source and Destination Buffer.

Kashinath_2-1721316599546.png

Thanks a lot for the Help

Hi @Kashinath 

I am pleased we resolved your issue. For your additional use cases, please test these methodically by logging the source and target buffer(s) to confirm you've got expected results for your dataset(s). Without your data model it's quite difficult to fully understand your use case based on your screenshots.