Member list from members delimited in a Text2 property line

Whenderson
New Contributor

Hi, 

I have a list of "segments" in the text 2 property for each Entity. For each Entity I would need to see these "segments" as columns in a cube view, so I need to return a "member list" however these "segments" are separated with a pipe ("|") delimiter in the text 2 property.

The above "segments" in the Text 2 line are already defined as UD2 members in the Dimensions section.

I was investigating the use of an XFBR formula however I can only return the first member list in the Text 2 property and not a list.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Koemets
Contributor

Do you just need to replace "|" with ","? You you don't know how to loop thru the delimited list?

it's a vb for both. String.Replace ("old value","new value") and for the array you should go with array syntax:

Dim arrValues As String() = text2.Split(New Char() {"|"c})

Then loop thru it as For each val in arrValues...

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Whenderson: something similar can be achieved using standard Member Filter .Where(TextN Contains Filter) capabilities.  However, you'll need to invert how you've done the tagging.

In your UD2, Text2 field: add the entity names that correspond to the segments. Comma delimited or pipe delimited should both work.  You can now retrieve these members using a simple Member Filter as such:

• U2#YourTopMemberOfTheDimension.DescendantsInclusive.Where(Text2 Contains HardCodedEntity)
  • U2#YourTopMemberOfTheDimension.DescendantsInclusive.Where(Text2 Contains |MFEntity|)
  • U2#YourTopMemberOfTheDimension.DescendantsInclusive.Where(Text2 Contains |CVEntity|)

Similar example about usage in a dashboard: here

Cheers,

-DB