Passing OS Version Number as a Dashboard Parameter

egoodwin
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a Dashboard parameter that has the OS Version number of the application. I would have thought that something like

Dim osVersion As String = OneStream.Shared.Common.GeneralStrings.OSVersion

would return the value, but this simply returns the string "OS Version". Can someone please point me to the correct function or member to get the application version number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FrankDK
Contributor

This should work:

dim version as String = Onestream.Shared.Common.XFVersionInfo.XFVersion

From the XFVersionInfo you can get a couple of other related version-information:

FrankDK_0-1699946744768.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FrankDK
Contributor

This should work:

dim version as String = Onestream.Shared.Common.XFVersionInfo.XFVersion

From the XFVersionInfo you can get a couple of other related version-information:

FrankDK_0-1699946744768.png

egoodwin
New Contributor II

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you.

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Not sure what you're doing exactly and it isn't what you asked but just thought I'd share as I can't see it documented anywhere. There are some preprocessor directives for 8.0 you can use if you want to make it easier to manage/compile version specific code:

• ONESTREAM8_0_0
  • ONESTREAM8_0_0_OR_GREATER

#If ONESTREAM8_0_0_OR_GREATER Then
 ' do exciting new stuff
#Else
 ' do boring old stuff
#End If

Interesting. Where did you pick that up, and do you have other hidden gems that could be useful?

And btw, good coder humor with " ' do boring old stuff" 😁

@FrankDK wrote:

Interesting. Where did you pick that up, and do you have other hidden gems that could be useful?

I had to fly 20 hours from Sydney to Orlando for Wave to find out 😅

I actually didn't realise it was a 'hidden gem'. I was going to link to the documentation and when I went to find it there was nothing I could find! Its definitely frustrating finding out there is something you should/could have been using but just needed to get lucky and have someone who knows share the knowledge.

That explains - I did not go to Wave 😄

On another thread, I actually did stumble over your gem in one of the PDF's on the v8 upgrade documents. Cheers