Performance issue with Cubeview

GajendraS
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I need to parameterize my Cubeview where I need to sum two flow member data and show it in my Cubeview , For which i need to write a rule in that rule I have to create a temporary variable member (Total) which doesn't exist in our flow hierarchy which will contain sum of our flow member (RFX_Input + UFX_Input) data, and this Total variable member we have to parameterize and so that when Cubeview runs it'll show me the total value of (RFX_input + UFX_input) into my Cubeview. Please help me to guide how to write this rule logic. We have tried creating it as a parameter with getcelldata but the cubeview does not render and timesout.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheJonG
Contributor II

Hi - can you post the getdatacell formula that you tried? The below should work:

GetDataCell(F#RFX_input + F#UFX_input):Name(Total)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rich_House
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm curious why do you not want to create a "Total" adding these two member in the flow dimension?

Kind regards,

Doesn't allow to create a Total in the flow dimension. we need to add 2 flow members without creating a new 'Total' member in the flow dimension. we already try to do so by getdatacell, but it doesn't work, that's why we need know is there any way to do so with the help of business rules.

It seems strange that a GetDataCell formula that is that simple would cause the Cube View to timeout. There may be something else going on in the Cube View. Assuming its a large Cube View, are you using sparse row suppression? Maybe the dynamic calc is messing with that.

Creating the Total member is likely the best solution and I'm not sure why that is not an option? 

T_Kress
Contributor III

I am not following the use case 100% but if you need to add two flow members together, I would do so in the Flow dim (with agg weight of zero on the new parent).  Flow parents agg on the fly so you can pull into your cube view the new parent and then do whatever is needed with it.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

Rich_House
New Contributor III

I agree with Teresa.

TheJonG
Contributor II

Hi - can you post the getdatacell formula that you tried? The below should work:

GetDataCell(F#RFX_input + F#UFX_input):Name(Total)

Hi,

yes, I have already tried this, but it didn't work, because no. of rows and column are many in my cubeview. so when I run with this formula cubeview does not render and timesout. That Why I looking for any business rules logic to solve this thing.