Refresh a dashboard from a Business rule

MikeMurray
New Contributor II

We have a dashboard with a button that displays a dialog for user entry.  The base dashboard has a cubeview that needs to refresh based on the values modified via BRApi.Finance.Data.SetDataCellsUsingMemberScript() calls.  We are using a XFSelectionChangedUIActionType.CloseDialog task result to close the user entry dialog.  Is there a way to programmatically refresh the base dashboard?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hi Mike,

On your button component under the User Interface Action, select the option "Open Dialog And Refresh" and then specify what dashboard needs to be refreshed once the user exits the dialog window. 

In my example, click the button opens a dialog/dashboard 3c_ANOW_CreateRecordDlg_RBF. Once the user exits the dialog window, OneStream refreshes the main dashboard 3b_ANOW_Bottom_RBF.

Cosimo_0-1676577136251.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hi Mike,

On your button component under the User Interface Action, select the option "Open Dialog And Refresh" and then specify what dashboard needs to be refreshed once the user exits the dialog window. 

In my example, click the button opens a dialog/dashboard 3c_ANOW_CreateRecordDlg_RBF. Once the user exits the dialog window, OneStream refreshes the main dashboard 3b_ANOW_Bottom_RBF.

Cosimo_0-1676577136251.png

MikeMurray
New Contributor II

Thanks Cosimo that worked perfectly.

MatthieuR
New Contributor III

Hello,

I saw this topic which is close to what we want to do right now, even if dashboard is not opened in our case by clicking on a button but with right click on a cell in a CV (displayed in a dashboard). This to allow to grab the POV of the cell and pass it to the CV that will be displayed after in the other dashboard. So at right click on a cell, they will choose the navigate to "next dashboard" option, which will open dashboard as dialog and show the CV to input data on (leveraging POV from source cell of source CV). Then goal would be that when we close that dialog, it refreshes the source dashboard but as we don't open it through a button but through a right click on a cell, do you know of a way to achieve that ?

Thank you

Matthieu