Return message on successfully completed extensibility rule

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a data management step which runs an extensibility rule.

In the rule I am using the “Throw New XFUserMsgException” command to return error messages.

For example:

Throw New XFUserMsgException(si,"","","Error: Copy cannot be completed. Source Scenario/Year must be different from target Scenario/Year")

Gives the following result when conditions are met:

AndreaF_2-1683801410861.png

When the step completes without error a box message appears, like the following one:

AndreaF_3-1683801410862.png

How can I control the message shown when the step is successfully completed? I.e., how do I return a message in a box message without throwing an error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you want that level of control of the interaction with users, you should probably launch the job from a Dashboard Extender instead. At that point you're in the driver seat and can decide what to display and when. DM steps and sequences are meant as background jobs managed by the system.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you want that level of control of the interaction with users, you should probably launch the job from a Dashboard Extender instead. At that point you're in the driver seat and can decide what to display and when. DM steps and sequences are meant as background jobs managed by the system.