Roll up Formula

wm2
New Contributor

Here I have my income and balance sheet. I need RE to equal account number 29500 plus Net income under the balance sheet. I also only have data for Jan 22. Do I create a stored calc, dynamic calc, formula pass, or something else? How would I do this? Thank you!

wm2_0-1722289450597.png

3 REPLIES 3

TheJonG
Contributor II

Hi - the best way to do this is to create a new liability account for the Current Year Net Income (can be named CurYearNI or something similar) below RE and put a member formula on it. You will need to set the FormulaPass to a pass that is after any other member formula you have running within accounts beneath NetIncome. Then the RE account will naturally aggregate CurYearNI and 29500 together. An example formula is below:

If (api.Cons.IsLocalCurrencyforEntity() And Not api.Entity.HasChildren()) Then
    api.data.calculate("A#CurYearNI:I#None = A#NetIncome:I#Top")
End if

wm2
New Contributor

That makes sense and I see that in a navigator lab, do you know any settings to check if that isn't working. I know how to roll it up with relationships, but I need to use a formula based on directions. I just don't know what else to check

TheJonG
Contributor II

Assuming you have the FormulaPass and Formula correct, then you need to kick off a Consolidation or Calculation to run the formula.