SaveFileBytesToUserTempFolder returning an error message

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to use the Business Rule API "SaveFileBytesToUserTempFolder" in order to open a file stored as a byte in a datatable.

This is exactly like in the "Reporting Compliance" dashboard, where the file is stored as bytes in a datatable. I am actually using the exact same business rule !

However, there is an issue in my case. My business rule that is used to view the document works fine until the very last step... this is the one causing the error ( I have tested FileName and FileBytes fields and these exist) :

BRApi.Utilities.SaveFileBytesToUserTempFolder(si, si.UserName, dt(0)("FileName"), dt(0)("FileBytes"))

Error message :

An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http://localhost:50002/OneStreamApp/SVC/XFFileSystem.svc. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details.
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (Socket Error Number 10054).

The exact same file is used in Reporting Compliance and I can view it. Am I missing something ?

I don't find any documentation on this function ...

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi Sergey!
Have you tried browsing to http://localhost:50002/OneStreamApp/SVC/XFFileSystem.svc you might find more info.

Also did you check that the extension is on the filename? My understanding is that the fileBytes is already good on your side? Have you tested it? for example using https://base64.guru/converter/decode/file

Or Have you tried with the exact same base64 (byte) than with the other file or see if there is a difference? Have you hard coded the fileName instead to "test.csv" or "test.xls" depending on the filetype?

'Export Register
Dim fileName As String = "Register.csv"

'Export CSV to User Temp Folder
Dim csv As String = Me.CreateRegisterTableCSVText(si, profileName, scenarioName, timeName).ToString
Dim fileBytes As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(csv)
BRApi.Utilities.SaveFileBytesToUserTempFolder(si, si.UserName, fileName, fileBytes)

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

Gidon_Albert
Contributor

We're getting a similar error:

Gidon_Albert_0-1671065233004.png

Here's the section of the code that gets the CSV string that is converted to Byte:

Dim ds As New DataSet
				Dim csvContent As New Text.StringBuilder
				Dim qualifier As String = StageConstants.ParserDefaults.DefaultQuoteCharacter
				Dim delimiter As String = StageConstants.ParserDefaults.DefaultDelimiter

csvContent.AppendLine("Intercompany Detail")
				csvContent.AppendLine("Workflow Profile: " & WFProfile)
				csvContent.AppendLine("Workflow Scenario: " & WFScenario)
				csvContent.AppendLine("Workflow Time: " & WFTime)			

Dim methodQuery As String = "{" & WFProfile & "}{" & WFScenario & "}{" & WFTime & "}{}{}{V#[YTD]}{True}{}{}{}{}{}" 

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(WFTime) Then
                    Using dbConnApp As DbConnInfo = BRApi.Database.CreateApplicationDbConnInfo(si)					
                        ds = BRApi.Database.ExecuteMethodCommand(dbConnApp, XFCommandMethodTypeId.ICMatchingForWorkflowUnitMultiPlug, methodQuery, "PlugAccounts", Nothing)
"Get the IC Detail"
						'Export the data
						Dim fileName As String = "IC_Detail.csv"

'********* debug info *********	
						brapi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "ADU_SoluitonHelper.Extract_WFU_IC_Matching_Plug_Accounts" & vbCrLf & 
														"csvContent: " & csvContent.Length)
						'****************************** 					
						'Export csvContent to User Temp Folder
						Dim fileBytes As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(csvContent.ToString)
	'					Threading.Thread.Sleep(5000) ' 5000 milliseconds = 5 seconds
						BRApi.Utilities.SaveFileBytesToUserTempFolder(si, si.UserName, fileName, fileBytes)

End Using
				End If

The application is on the cloud so we can't use http://localhost:50002/OneStreamApp/SVC/XFFileSystem.svc

wnindl
New Contributor III

Gideon,
Hope all is well.  Did you ever get a resolution to this problem. 
I have the same error when i try to download an xlsx from the Public folder with a cloned UTM button that works perfect in UTM but not in my dashboard.
-w

JamesRees
New Contributor

Hi All,

Did anybody get any resolution to their .csv export problem? We're facing similar issues, but it affects some users and not others....and we can't see what the common theme is between them.

Thanks

Gidon_Albert
Contributor

Unfortunately, no resolution yet.

wnindl
New Contributor III

That is too bad.  Maybe we can figure it out next week at Splash.

Hi,

We are also facing the same error. If no resolution, do we have any workaround for this issue?

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani

What if you try to save it as an application file instead of a temp user file? Does that work?

NidhiMangtani
Contributor III

Hi,

In our case, we are posting CSV file to Batch Harvest folder, not user temp folder. Do we have any samples to create application CSV file through BR?

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani

All,

We could fix this error. It is essentially occurring when row count is 0 and we are trying to write that datatable content to a CSV file. Check the row count of your datatable, if its 0, just add a blank row to your datatable and then let a blank CSV file with just headers be created and opened by the system

NidhiMangtani_0-1683815180914.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani

Gidon_Albert
Contributor

We ended up saving the data to the user's folder instead of the temp folder:

'Export the data
Dim fileName As String = "IC_Detail.csv"
Dim filePath As String = "Documents/Users/" & StringHelper.RemoveSystemCharacters(si.UserName,False,False)

'Export csvContent to User Folder
Dim fileBytes() As Byte = system.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(csvContent.ToString)

Dim fileDataInfo As New XFFileInfo(FileSystemLocation.ApplicationDatabase, fileName, filePath)
Dim fileData As New XFFile(fileDataInfo, String.Empty, fileBytes)
brapi.FileSystem.InsertOrUpdateFile(si, fileData)