Transformation Rule for a Specific Entity

WillVitale
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to create a transformation rule for a specific entity that if it's a specific account (6189) it would go into a specific UD3. I'm not sure how to do this because there's 2 specific criteria needed, instead of being a 1:1. I'm new to OS, so all the tips and tricks help!

Thanks,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Hey Will

Check composite rules rather than 1:1 mappings. The documentation has the following example

A#[199?-???*]:E#[Texas]

Converting that to your situation you'd have: A#[6189]:E#[WillsEntity] mapped to your respective target UD3 member

If you haven't noticed you can switch from One-To-One to Composite in the Type drop down within the rule. You can have more than 1 type of mapping defined but note that they are applied in the order you see them in that drop down, so 1:1 first.

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Hey Will

Check composite rules rather than 1:1 mappings. The documentation has the following example

A#[199?-???*]:E#[Texas]

Converting that to your situation you'd have: A#[6189]:E#[WillsEntity] mapped to your respective target UD3 member

If you haven't noticed you can switch from One-To-One to Composite in the Type drop down within the rule. You can have more than 1 type of mapping defined but note that they are applied in the order you see them in that drop down, so 1:1 first.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel. Yes I saw the drop down that there's different transformation types, I just didn't know what they all meant.

MarcusH
Contributor III

Hi Will

Daniel is correct - Composite rules are what you need. I just want to add to what he said. By default the Transformation Rules look at the source member. If there are many source members that need to be mapped by this composite rule, it might be quicker to reference the target member rather than source eg you have in the source Acc123, AccABC and AccAB12 that all map to Sales. It is quicker (and more resilient) to reference Sales rather than the 3 sources. 

For that you need to change the Logical Operator on the Composite rule and select Complex expression, then in the Expression Editor search for target:

MarcusH_1-1688023899684.png

That will then give you the script you need for implementing the map on the target. And then you need to check the dimension processing order. Any dimension where the target is being referenced must be processed before the dimension being mapped (ie in your case Entity and Account must be processed before UD3):

Cubes | SelectCube | Integration tab | Transformation Sequence

Hope that helps.

Thanks Marcus. This is quite helpful info for me.