Transformation profile in a data table.

Nikpowar97
New Contributor III

Is there any way we can use the transformation profile one to one mappings in a data table. Preferable to use in a connecter Drill back code. Is there any Data base table for the same.

If not, we have a create a custom XFC table in application DB to refer the same that replicates the transformation profile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi

You don't need to reverse map using transformaiton rules for a drill back. The "vStageSourceAndTargetData" view you use for drill back, already has all the columns you need for drill back.

If a column ends with a T it is the target. E.g. Et is source and EtT is traget, this works for all dimensions.

I hope this helps.

But, if you still need the mapping table, it is "StageRules" with rule type 1 = one-to-one mapping and rule type 100 = transformation rule.

Please be careful accessing the database directly.

Cheers

Christian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi

You don't need to reverse map using transformaiton rules for a drill back. The "vStageSourceAndTargetData" view you use for drill back, already has all the columns you need for drill back.

If a column ends with a T it is the target. E.g. Et is source and EtT is traget, this works for all dimensions.

I hope this helps.

But, if you still need the mapping table, it is "StageRules" with rule type 1 = one-to-one mapping and rule type 100 = transformation rule.

Please be careful accessing the database directly.

Cheers

Christian

Not sure what your use case is. However,  like Christian mentioned what I've done in my previous life is to use a workflow that imports to stage only and uses the transformed data in stage to get the values for subsequent load processes. 

Steven
Contributor

I would suggest using the Lookup under Rule Groups for transformation rules for custom rules.