Triggering System Business Rules

NidhiMangtani
Contributor III

Hello All,

Could someone guide on how a system business rule is triggered? As part of automating some daily tasks, we intend to automate addition, deletion of metadata members through a system business rule. Is the process similar to triggering extender rules?

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PeterFu
Contributor II

Hi Bharti,

I have created something for a customer where the client wanted to update the name for many entities. I set up a button to trigger a Data Management job. The DM job was running the Business Rule which did the update. These DM jobs can also be scheduled with the Task Scheduler. In addition, Business rules can also be run through the Calculation Definitions in the Workflow profile (automated when you process cube).

Not sure what you are looking for, but I hope this helps.

Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

PeterFu
Contributor II

Hi Bharti,

I have created something for a customer where the client wanted to update the name for many entities. I set up a button to trigger a Data Management job. The DM job was running the Business Rule which did the update. These DM jobs can also be scheduled with the Task Scheduler. In addition, Business rules can also be run through the Calculation Definitions in the Workflow profile (automated when you process cube).

Not sure what you are looking for, but I hope this helps.

Peter

This helps Peter. I will try this out.

Thanks

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani