Unable to load from Excel file to custom table

royari
Contributor

I have created an extender BR to load from a  xlsx file with xft named range into a custom table. The file is in the OS cloud fileshare in a specific folder. I am 100% sure the file is set up correctly and the path is not an issue, however I still keep getting an error when running the BR from data management that file is invalid or missing. Can someone please help.  Below is the BR . What am i missing

Dim fileName As String = "XFD_Plan1.xlsx" '<-- Enter name of Excel file
Dim filePath As String = "Applications\OneStreamDevelopment\Batch\Harvest\" '<-- Enter path to Excel file

'Note: dbLocation, TableName, LoadMethod & Field names defined in header of each excel "xft" range.
BRApi.Utilities.LoadCustomTableUsingExcel(si, SourceDataOriginTypes.FromFileShare, filePath & fileName, Nothing)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try this one. You need to provide where the share folder is, which was missing from the previous code.

Dim filePath As String = BRApi.Utilities.GetFileShareFolder(si, FileShareFolderTypes.BatchHarvest, Nothing) '<-- Enter path to Excel file
BRApi.Utilities.LoadCustomTableUsingExcel(si, SourceDataOriginTypes.FromFileShare, filePath & fileName, Nothing)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Try this one. You need to provide where the share folder is, which was missing from the previous code.

Dim filePath As String = BRApi.Utilities.GetFileShareFolder(si, FileShareFolderTypes.BatchHarvest, Nothing) '<-- Enter path to Excel file