Unable to log data buffer

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble logging a databuffer to the error log. I want to be able to do this to debug some code I've written.

I got this concept from the Finance Rules and Calculation Handbook so I believe it's possible but I can't get it to work for me!

In the first screenshot is the code. The red box shows the logdatabuffer script that I've written. I know there is data in the databuffer because it produces sensible results  (ie. the green box) albeit not quite right, hence why I want to visualise it.

The second screenshot shows what I see in the error log. I believe I should be seeing the databuffer results in the orange box area but I just see a blank.

Do I need to "switch on" this functionality somehow? What am I doing wrong?!!!

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Richard_Mayo_0-1709151917219.png

Richard_Mayo_1-1709151927767.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

You were on the right lines - I just got a response back from OS support and it was indeed to do with my settings. Details below for anyone who encounters this problem in future.

Regards,
Richard

Richard_Mayo_0-1709214654441.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

Can you quickly check if data exists in your member script by looking at the db.

OS_Pizza_0-1709193253455.png

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I found it hard to recreate the member filter in the db on the old code becuase I had used filtermembers plus I manipulated the POV from the source databuffer to make the result databuffer how I need it.

Anyway, following your logic I created a more simplified example (see below) and then I ran this member filter through the data records as you suggested.

I found a) still no output in the error log and b) there are records in the data table. (Screenshots below)

So I think the logdatabuffer script should have data to refer to? Do you agree?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard_Mayo_0-1709197991584.png

Richard_Mayo_1-1709198027699.png

Richard_Mayo_2-1709198052689.png

Yeah for sure, Your data buffer text  is missing in your log. Are you an admin user?

OS_Pizza_0-1709199573944.png

Hi there,

You were on the right lines - I just got a response back from OS support and it was indeed to do with my settings. Details below for anyone who encounters this problem in future.

Regards,
Richard

Richard_Mayo_0-1709214654441.png

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Yep, I'm an administrator. Although I did wonder if there was another specific setting that needs to be turned on to allow me to log databuffers specifically, but I couldn't find anything.

By administrator I mean I'm a member of our security group called "Administrators" which is assigned to all the different Application Security Roles in Application Properties.

Not sure what else I can try.

I guess I'll raise a ticket with the helpdesk and see if they have any ideas.

Thanks for trying though! If anyone has any other ideas or thoughts on this, I would welcome any ideas!

Regards,
Richard