[howto] Use "Insert Code" when posting on Forum boards

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys! Just a reminder: if you're going to post code in this forum, please make it easier to read by using the "Insert/Edit Code Sample" tmp.png button on the expanded formatting toolbar. Here's a short video showing how it works.

1c_code.gif

If you need to edit code after you created the block, just double-click on it. Ideally you'd also indent it first, either in an editor or with something like DotNetFiddle.

Remember: the easier it is for others to read your code, the more likely that they'll be able to solve your problem!

Cheers!
Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Mod

6 REPLIES 6

MarkBird
Contributor II

Hi Jack

I no longer have the option to insert a code block (I've definitely used it before)... 

Has something changed recently?

MarkBird_0-1698327247765.png

Regards,

Mark

That's annoying. Unfortunately the functionality is not deployed on every part of the site, so it might be due to that. Does it change if you select one of the Forums as Location...?

Nope but when I'm typing a  "Reply" it does....

MarkBird_0-1698328599940.png

Mark- thank you for raising this issue, the details and screenshots. We've been able to recreate this issue and i'll work to get this resolved! 

akloepfer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all- I just wanted you to know that this issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience! 

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

I think it’s not resolved for mobile users. 
I just tried to create a new post on iOS and had these editor options only:

RobbSalzmann_0-1709124640356.png