sample BR that reads text file and return the Column Number of unique header AA ?

Davy
Contributor

Happy start of recession and layoffs, everyone !!  😋

We need to import flat file that has a row of header followed by rows of data like this:

|R|Year|AA|BB|Account  |cc|dd|ee|      
|0|2022|  99,953,899.56-|      | account123   |          |     |||

Do you have a sample BR that reads this text file and  return the Column Number of unique header AA?  BR should return the number 3.

4 REPLIES 4

It is not a header that is a cell value. I'm not sure what logic you are trying to achieve with this. Maybe there is a different solution. When you are importing, you are going line by line. I don't think there is an option to get the rowid of a specific row.

Sorry, I am not trying to get row-id. I am trying to get column number - which is 3.

Sorry, I had an extra |.

Here is how I get 3:
R is 1 |Year is 2|AA is 3|BB|Account  |cc|dd|ee|      
0|2022|  99,953,899.56-|      | account123   |          |     |||

Since I have your attention, I am going to ask another question that only a long time wizard like you can figure out - why did 1Stream design their workflow to start from / associated with a cube?

I know you are trying to get a column. However, to get the column, you are using a row, and there is no option in OS to specify.

I'm going to take an educated guess here. Workflow is the way you interact with OS for a lot of things. Now, they need to tie it to a cube so that it can find out the extended dimensions and all other stuff that is involved with it.

Thanks Calvin.
Can you please post your answer to my new topic, so that I can give you kudos there?why did 1Stream design their workflow to start from / associated with a cube? - OneStream Community ...
Also, we are looking to hire a consultant. Can you email me privately - ihot01@gmail.com ? I know you are with Black Diamond consulting group.