sort by ascending order of values NR in column B  in Cubeview?

Davy
Contributor

OneStream is the best EPM app for consolidation and everything planning - it is going to kill Hyperion / Essbase !!

Does anyone have a sample business rule BR for sorting rows in a column based on values in a column.  e.g. in screen shot, I want to sort by ascending order of values (NR) in column B  in Cubeview?

I probably have a written something similar long time ago, but would like to see if someone else wrote a better BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Davy, 

I'm trying to do min/max calcs and have been directed to a KB article and details in GolfStream which (if they work) might solve your issue too. I can't seem to figure out how to attach a file so maybe sent OS support a ticket and ask for "Title: How to use XFR_MemberListRanked to sort rows". It's not an official knowledge base article on the OS website so I can't send a link either but it documents instructions on using XFR_MemberListRanked which is also in GolfStream. 

Honestly I haven't gotten it to work yet but it seems like it should solve both of our issues. 

NicoleBruno_0-1649361418235.png

NicoleBruno_1-1649361429004.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Davy
Contributor

Davy_0-1649338572849.png

Hi Davy, 

I'm trying to do min/max calcs and have been directed to a KB article and details in GolfStream which (if they work) might solve your issue too. I can't seem to figure out how to attach a file so maybe sent OS support a ticket and ask for "Title: How to use XFR_MemberListRanked to sort rows". It's not an official knowledge base article on the OS website so I can't send a link either but it documents instructions on using XFR_MemberListRanked which is also in GolfStream. 

Honestly I haven't gotten it to work yet but it seems like it should solve both of our issues. 

NicoleBruno_0-1649361418235.png

NicoleBruno_1-1649361429004.png

Koemets
Contributor

It's a simple XFBR rule really, where you order the result set.

MarioGV
New Contributor II

Hi Koemets; could you please share the XFBR rule? I've the same issue but don't know the brapi to select the amount and sort it.

Kind regards.

Mario GV

Ritesh
New Contributor

Hi,

Could you please share the XFBR rule? to select the amount and sort it.

MarioGV
New Contributor II

Hi Ritesh; this XFBR is on the sample app GolfStream, but have a little issue that is not working properly; so I modified and use it for sorting the expenses, it also run for max, min, X tops; I hope this lines could help you:

In the cube view, the row for calling the XFBR is:

A#GA_Exp_Tot_F.CustomMemberList(BRName = XFR_MemberListRanked, MemberListName = Ranked, RankType = Top, RankCount = 18, LoopMemberFilter = A#GA_Exp_Tot_F.Children, DataCellToRankMemberFilter =Cb#FinRpt:E#|!dlg_Entity_All!|:P#Consolidation_Top:C#CAD:S#Actual:T#|!dlg_Time!|:V#YTD:A#GA_Exp_Tot_F:F#TOP_FLOW:O#Top:I#Top:U1#TOP_UD1:U2#TOP_UD2:U3#TOP_UD3:U4#TOP_UD4:U5#TOP_UD5:U6#|!dlg_UD6_List!|:U7#TOP_UD7:U8#TOP_UD8)

and the Finance BRule is in the attached TXT file.