sort by ascending order of values NR in column B  in Cubeview?

Davy
Contributor

OneStream is the best EPM app for consolidation and everything planning - it is going to kill Hyperion / Essbase !!

Does anyone have a sample business rule BR for sorting rows in a column based on values in a column.  e.g. in screen shot, I want to sort by ascending order of values (NR) in column B  in Cubeview?

I probably have a written something similar long time ago, but would like to see if someone else wrote a better BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Davy, 

I'm trying to do min/max calcs and have been directed to a KB article and details in GolfStream which (if they work) might solve your issue too. I can't seem to figure out how to attach a file so maybe sent OS support a ticket and ask for "Title: How to use XFR_MemberListRanked to sort rows". It's not an official knowledge base article on the OS website so I can't send a link either but it documents instructions on using XFR_MemberListRanked which is also in GolfStream. 

Honestly I haven't gotten it to work yet but it seems like it should solve both of our issues. 

NicoleBruno_0-1649361418235.png

NicoleBruno_1-1649361429004.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Davy
Contributor

Davy_0-1649338572849.png

Hi Davy, 

I'm trying to do min/max calcs and have been directed to a KB article and details in GolfStream which (if they work) might solve your issue too. I can't seem to figure out how to attach a file so maybe sent OS support a ticket and ask for "Title: How to use XFR_MemberListRanked to sort rows". It's not an official knowledge base article on the OS website so I can't send a link either but it documents instructions on using XFR_MemberListRanked which is also in GolfStream. 

Honestly I haven't gotten it to work yet but it seems like it should solve both of our issues. 

NicoleBruno_0-1649361418235.png

NicoleBruno_1-1649361429004.png

Koemets
Contributor

It's a simple XFBR rule really, where you order the result set.

MarioGV
New Contributor II

Hi Koemets; could you please share the XFBR rule? I've the same issue but don't know the brapi to select the amount and sort it.

Kind regards.

Mario GV