Data cell Access security not working

TimVierhout
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying data cell access security to block access to specific UD1 members. These are members that should only be visible by global people. I have applied this:

TimVierhout_0-1666896573967.png

For the UD1 filter, this is the filter:

U1#Top, U1#G_HQONLYREC, U1#G_HQONLYADJ

But, when I log in with a test user, who does not have the group mentioned in the data access security, I am still able to see data. What could I be missing?

With kind regards,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hi Tim,

I suspect that you're missing a data cell access entry the removes access to U1#G_HQONLYREC and U1#G_HQONLYADJ for Everyone which is then followed by the filter you're showing above.

Also,  I'm assuming that you've already enabled "Use Cube Data Access Security" on all entities i.e. this property that you see on entity members:

Cosimo_0-1666961678522.png

I'm actually thinking that you may not need to use Data Cell Access Security if you are simply wanting to carve out access to just 2 UD1 members. You can assign access on individual UD members using the Display Member Group property. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hi Tim,

I suspect that you're missing a data cell access entry the removes access to U1#G_HQONLYREC and U1#G_HQONLYADJ for Everyone which is then followed by the filter you're showing above.

Also,  I'm assuming that you've already enabled "Use Cube Data Access Security" on all entities i.e. this property that you see on entity members:

Cosimo_0-1666961678522.png

I'm actually thinking that you may not need to use Data Cell Access Security if you are simply wanting to carve out access to just 2 UD1 members. You can assign access on individual UD members using the Display Member Group property. 

Hey Tim, I would also check that you took away all access to start. I would set it up taking away all access from everybody then grant back permissions.

TimVierhout
New Contributor III

Cosimo, thanks! That did the trick. Completely forgot about that setting.

The display member property would work for these two, but a level down we have a read only one as well.