Amount and Annotation Confirmation Rule

WillVitale
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to create a confirmation rule that looks if these two accounts have a difference of 10k USD or more and if so it looks to see if it has a comment (annotation) made by our user and if it doesn't it will fail. So far I got the first part to see if the value is over 10k, but checking it to see if there's a comment also is confusing me. 

args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue = math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#Bad_Debt_Comp:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 2)
If System.Math.Abs(args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue) > 10000  Then
args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info1 =  "Bad Debt USD = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#0319:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 0))
args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info2 =  "CCM Bad Debt USD = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#CCMBadDebt:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD.cellAmount, 0))	
'args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info3 =  "Out of BALANCE Check = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#BALANCE:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 0))

Return True
Else
args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info1 =  "Bad Debt USD = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#0319:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 0))
args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info2 =  "CCM Bad Debt USD = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#CCMBadDebt:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD).cellAmount, 0))
'args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info3 =  "Out of BALANCE Check = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#BALANCE:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#LOAD:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 0))

Return False
End If

Would I just add another add an another section and say: 

args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue = api.Data.GetDataCell("A#0319:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD:V#Annotation").cellAmount
If System.Math.Abs(args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue) = " " Then

I'm a bit new to writing confirmation rules, so this is a bit out of my wheel house. I did download a Confirmation Rules PPT from a 2016 OS Conference which was helpful, but still stuck. 

Thanks

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @WillVitale ,

This will return the cell text Annotation - update with your respective POV:

stringAnnot = api.Data.GetDataCellEx("Cb#GolfStream:E#" + WFEntity + ":C#USD:V#Annotation:A#Account:F#Flow:O#Forms:I#None:U1#None:U2#None:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None").DataCellAnnotation

You can then do 

If ResultCellEx.DataCellAnnotation.Length < 1 Then

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @WillVitale ,

This will return the cell text Annotation - update with your respective POV:

stringAnnot = api.Data.GetDataCellEx("Cb#GolfStream:E#" + WFEntity + ":C#USD:V#Annotation:A#Account:F#Flow:O#Forms:I#None:U1#None:U2#None:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None").DataCellAnnotation

You can then do 

If ResultCellEx.DataCellAnnotation.Length < 1 Then

WillVitale
New Contributor III

Just to make sure. Can I added to the original code I have above? I need it be both if the amount is greater than 10k usd and has no annotation to cause an error.

I would re-write it so you have a set of condition statements that will advise the user on the range and the Annotation status.  You can combine the condition statements it would be something like this: 

If (System.Math.Abs(args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue) > 10000)  AND (ResultCellEx.DataCellAnnotation.Length < 1) Then
'Range greater than 10,000 And No Annotation entered

WillVitale
New Contributor III

So something like this? Sorry, very new to OS, sorry for asking lots of questions.

args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue = math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#Bad_Debt_Comp:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 2)
If System.Math.Abs(args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue) > 10000  AND stringAnnot = api.Data.GetDataCellEx("E#" + WFEntity + ":C#USD:V#Annotation:A#0319:F#Flow:O#Top:I#Top:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:U8#Top8").DataCellAnnotation(ResultCellEx.DataCellAnnotation.Length < 1) Then
'Range greater than 10,000 And No Annotation entered
args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info2 =  "CCM Bad Debt USD = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#CCMBadDebt:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD.cellAmount, 0))	
'args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info3 =  "Out of BALANCE Check = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#BALANCE:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 0))

Return True
Else
args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info2 =  "CCM Bad Debt USD = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#CCMBadDebt:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#USGAAP:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD).cellAmount, 0))
'args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info3 =  "Out of BALANCE Check = " & String.Format("{0:#,##0}",math.Round(api.Data.GetDataCell("A#BALANCE:U1#Top1:U2#Top2:U3#Top3:U4#Top4:U5#Top5:U6#Top6:U7#LOAD:F#TopFlow:O#Top:I#Top:C#USD").cellAmount, 0))

Return False
End If

Take a step back and organize your variables and related commentary collection into variables:

Dim Bad_Debt_Amt as decimal = .CellAmount()

Dim Bad_Debt_Comment as String = .DataCellAnnotation()

Dim CCMBad_Debt_Amt as decimal = .CellAmount()

Dim CCMBad_Debt_Comment as String = .DataCellAnnotation()

Get all of your variables you need defined and the values (with appropriate POV).  That will simplify the condition statements and your Info1-4 messaging as appropriate.  The Administrator that will be responsible for support and maintenance, who comes into the application after you leave will be thankful!  What you have going is hard to read and hard to follow.

You are on the right path!

WillVitale
New Contributor III

Thanks @MikeG for the help!