Confirmation rules for unrelated entities

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

Just hoping for a few pointers in case others have come across this before...

I have a "Group Overlay" workflow set-up specifically to post central adjustments at year-end (for tax purposes mostly). It works fine as it has a specific workflow channel assigned meaning that the group tax team can review numbers submitted by businesses after they have been completed and then overlay group adjustments without having to unlock/uncertify the indiviudal workflows.

However, I want to be able to run confirmation rules within this group adjustment workflow. I haven't got this working, here are some of the things I've found. Has anyone else done something similar? If so I would welcome your ideas!

- The adjustment workflow has no entities assigned to it, but it does have "Can load to unrelated entities" option ticked" to allow adjustments to any entity in the group

- Because there are no assigned entities, the normal confirmation rule logic needs some tweaking I think as there are no entities to loop through like in a "normal" workflow with assigned entities.

- I tried adding a parent entity (for a test) to the Calculation Definitions and ticking the "Confirmed" flag and this works fine but I don't know how I can get this to work for all base entities (which is what I'm wanting the confirmation rule to do).

- I think maybe I could write a For Next loop in the confirmation rule to loop through every base entity, picking out when the balance sheet doesn't balance (for example) for each entity and then return the errors to the confirmation args possibly. (Haven't finished trying to get this to work but maybe it's a possibility)

So just wondering if there is an easier way that I'm not seeing at the moment?

FYI - all the base entities are assigned to their own workflows so I don't believe I can assign them to this central workflow as well?

Thanks in advance,
Richard 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

phollander
New Contributor III

Hi Richard,

Did you try the "(Loaded Entities)" selection on a Calc Definition, enabled for Confirmation?

Confirm.png

Regards,
Paul

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

phollander
New Contributor III

Hi Richard,

Did you try the "(Loaded Entities)" selection on a Calc Definition, enabled for Confirmation?

Confirm.png

Regards,
Paul

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Thanks Paul, I have gone down that route. Much appreciated!

You're welcome Richard, glad to be of help!