Connector rule - drill back IF statement

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

I am experiencing a strange behavior with a piece of code in the drill back of a connector rule.

I have the following piece of code:

If StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("Zero") Then
    whereClause.Append("And (Department IS NULL) ")
'Else
'    whereClause.Append("And (Department = '" & SqlStringHelper.EscapeSqlString(sourceValues.Item(StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1).ToString) & "') ")
End If

When the ELSE condition is excluded as above the first IF works:

AndreaF_0-1689874495507.png

However, with the ELSE condition included (see code below) the retrieve from the Zero values does not work anymore:

If StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("Zero") Then
Else
    whereClause.Append("And (Department = '" & SqlStringHelper.EscapeSqlString(sourceValues.Item(StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1).ToString) & "') ")
End If

AndreaF_1-1689874695121.png

Any idea why this is happening? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Daniel, I have used the below to check what was happening with the IF statement

Throw New XFUserMsgException(si,sqlScript.ToString,"","")

and I discovered that the StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1 command returns the string "UD1", while what I wanted was the source value (e.g. "Zero"), so the correct code is the following

If sourceValues.Item(StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1).ToString.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("Zero") Then
Else
    whereClause.Append("And (Department = '" & SqlStringHelper.EscapeSqlString(sourceValues.Item(StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1).ToString) & "') ")
End If

It was only a coincidence that in my original code was returning rows with Null Department when excluding the Else condition.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DanielWillis
Contributor III

It sounds like your assumption is that your initial IF condition is being met. Are you sure that is the case? Perhaps no 'where' clause is getting appended when you omit the ELSE as it's not meeting the IF condition and whe you include it, all of a sudden you're limiting the query to an empty resulset

Thank you Daniel, I have used the below to check what was happening with the IF statement

Throw New XFUserMsgException(si,sqlScript.ToString,"","")

and I discovered that the StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1 command returns the string "UD1", while what I wanted was the source value (e.g. "Zero"), so the correct code is the following

If sourceValues.Item(StageTableFields.StageSourceData.DimUD1).ToString.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("Zero") Then
Else
End If

It was only a coincidence that in my original code was returning rows with Null Department when excluding the Else condition.

Nothing seems to beat fresh eyes on an issue sometimes!