Data Load showing negative number

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Hi All - 

I'm trying to understand why this would occur. I had loaded some prior year data, but somehow one of the month is showing negative numbers. I tried to consolidate but it wouldn't change. Wondering what I need to do to fix this? 

Mustafa_A_0-1648045449029.png

6 REPLIES 6

BobMarchese
New Contributor III

Are those numbers 0 if you view the Cube View in YTD ?

No

BSK
New Contributor III

It might be be a derived value because of zero view settings, Sum of Jan to Jul is equal to the - ve number? 

rhankey
New Contributor III

I think you need to start drilling down on the unexpected amounts to figure out from where the questionable amounts originate.  If you can chase the amounts all the way to base level, you can determine if the cell came from Stage, Journal, Form, Calculation or what have you.  As alluded by a couple of the other responses, a YTD reversal is a common cause.  If it's a derived OS reversal, it will usually show up in grey in OS Cube Views, but it can be "derived" through prior means too.  I've seen all sorts of issues that can present like this when loading/saving/computing YTD data into Periodic storage or Periodic data into YTD storage.  YTD to Periodic storage is the most problematic, especially if you attempt to zero suppress the source YTD data.

SxD
New Contributor III

A drill down and maybe a "Show all aggregated data" for that value would be helpful. As others are alluding to, it can be an automatically calculated value that's causing an issue. If it's negative in your staging table and not your flat file there could be some transformation logic happening. 

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

I found what was causing the issue. We had loaded in data in the middle of the year (2021M5) which had started to rollover negative numbers for the later months. We had to retransform, validate, and load the cube from that point (20201M5) to end of year.