Data Managment Time Filter issue: Unable to execute business rule while passing multiple periods

Yaseen
New Contributor III

Hello Community -

I am using multi select combo Box to pass periods selected by user back to business rules, receiving the selected periods in the BR but while executing getting error "Error processing Data Management Step". 

Under Data Management I have set Time Filter as WFTimeYear_CopyFAPC=|!ml_WFTimeYear_CopyFAPC!| and 

Parameters = WFTimeYear_CopyFAPC=[|!ml_WFTimeYear_CopyFAPC!|].

It looks like the Time Filter is not processing multiple periods from the Parameters, what is the correct way to pass these periods into the Time Filter under Data Units section.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you post a screenshot of your TimeFilter property please, because the way it's reported here seems like a mistake. A Time Filter has to resolve to something like "T#2020.Base", none of that "something=something" business 😅

Also, I would look at how the DM is triggered by the Dashboard. DM jobs don't get Dashboard Parameters resolved automatically, so you need to pass everything explicitly.

Yaseen
New Contributor III

Hi Jack -

Sorry, that was typo on my end, below is the screenshot. Using button to trigger the DM with Business rule.

As mentioned, need to pass selected periods from the muti select combo box, trying to figure out how to bypass time filter while executing the business rule.

Yaseen_0-1702654062973.png

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The key is: what does that parameter end up containing? If it's just a year, e.g. "2020", your approach should work (try putting square brackets around it), but if it has multiple periods (e.g. 2020M1,2020M2), you will need some intermediate text processing to turn it into a valid filter (T#2020M1,T#2020M2). That can be a achieved with the .List expansion (e.g. T#2020.Base.List(|!yourparam!|) might work) or an xfbr.