Data is not getting imported into the correct quarter

THENDRICKSON
Contributor

I'm having trouble getting my data files to import into the correct quarter of the workflow. Whenever I load the data into the Q2 import of the workflow, it removes the Q1 data and adds the Q2 data to the Q1 import of the workflow. (screenshot attached) 

I am having a hard time finding the correct settings to allow me to load the quarterly data files into each quarter of the workflow. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Snag_c5ce1f.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured out what my issue was. Under Application Properties, I had the "Enforce Global POV" set to True and the Global POV was set at Q1 of 2024. Once I changed that setting to False, my data started loading into the correct quarters. 

Thank you for your help! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

T_Kress
Contributor III

Have you checked your data source to see how you have the Time defined there?  It should likely be "Current DataKey Time" like here:

T_Kress_0-1728052629447.png

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

THENDRICKSON
Contributor

@T_Kress Yes, I do have the Time Data Source set to "Current DataKey Time". 

KarlT
Contributor III

Have you checked you transformation mappings? Maybe Q2 is being mapped to Q1?

Cheers

JoakimK
Contributor

So there are a couple things to look out for here, among those what has been mentioned already. However, some additional points perhaps?

1. Are you perhaps importing an Excel file with a defined named range, as this will use its own settings for most of the settings in the datasource instead of the selected ones.

2. DO you have transformation rules for Time that are possible not set correct? (using the "Current DataKey Time" might not require these, but if they are there they will be adhered to)

THENDRICKSON
Contributor

@JoakimK I checked my import files and there are no named ranged in the files. 

I changed my Time Data Source slightly. I have two columns in my data import file. The Pay Period and the Leave Year. In my data source, I set the time to be the Pay_Period followed by an underscore and then the Leave_Year. (6_2024 for example) I do have my transformation rules set to map 6_2024 to 2024Q2. 

And still when I load data into Q2, it loads to Q1 instead of Q2 in the workflow. 

You answered earlier in the thread that your datasource was setup to use "Current DataKey Time" for the time dimension? If this is the case, no time information in your file should be evaluated for the time information, instead it should use the Workflow time you are running the import in. This means that in your time transformation rule you might have to say: 2024Q2 = 2024Q2 (and same for all the other quarters as well.)

In your import step, all the values you see in the Time column should also say: "(Current)", if you are using the setting explained above.

Joakim

Originally, I did have the DataSource set to use "Current DataKey Time" but I have since changed it. I changed it because I have two columns in the data that indicates what quarterly period the data should be loaded to. I have a column for Pay Period and then a separate column for the Year. If the Pay period is 21-27 and the Year is 2023, then it should be imported into Q1 of 2024. If the Pay period is 1-6 and the Year is 2024, then it should be imported into Q2 of 2024....and so on. 

In my Data Source, I added two additional Time Source Dimensions to have a total of 3. The first Time Source Dimension references the Pay Period Column. The second Time Source Dimension inputs an underscore and the third Time Source Dimensions references the Year column. 

Then I set the Transformation rules to map those values "PayPeriod_Year" to the correct quarterly period. 

Then I would suggest you go to the import step of your workflow where you see the data, select any row, then right click and select "View Transformation Rules" then you can troubleshoot which transformation rule it has used for the time dimension and see if you can via that find out the issue. I believe it will be due to transformation rules not setup correctly.

I figured out what my issue was. Under Application Properties, I had the "Enforce Global POV" set to True and the Global POV was set at Q1 of 2024. Once I changed that setting to False, my data started loading into the correct quarters. 

Thank you for your help!