Drill Back

Chandrakala
New Contributor

Hi,

Encountering the following error when attempting to drill back to the source system. Does anyone have any insights?

Exception Type: XFException
Thread Id: 330
ORA-00936: missing expression

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, this is an example from a Google search, though there are a variety of sources to be found on this error code (non-OneStream):

To resolve the ORA-00936 error:

1. Check that your column names are all listed correctly in the SELECT clause
  2. Ensure you have a FROM clause in your SELECT statement. Even if you aren’t selecting from a table, you still need FROM in Oracle SQL, so you could use the DUAL table (LINK)
  3. Remove any commas that shouldn’t be in your query

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tschilling
New Contributor III

Looks like the Error is raised from the Oracle side.  Are you able to share the query?

Hi,

SQL query is working fine wen I tried to pull the data from "Case Is = ConnectorActionTypes.GetData" but if I tried to pull the data from "Case Is = ConnectorActionTypes.GetDrillBack" I am getting  that error

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, this is an example from a Google search, though there are a variety of sources to be found on this error code (non-OneStream):

To resolve the ORA-00936 error:

1. Check that your column names are all listed correctly in the SELECT clause
  2. Ensure you have a FROM clause in your SELECT statement. Even if you aren’t selecting from a table, you still need FROM in Oracle SQL, so you could use the DUAL table (LINK)
  3. Remove any commas that shouldn’t be in your query

Hi,

SQL query is working fine wen I tried to pull the data from "Case Is = Get Data" but if I tried to pull the data from "Case Is = GetDrillBack" I am getting  that error