Has any had experience (positive or negative) for building a very granular workflow for over 500 users?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Sheila Graff

Our company is in the build stage.  We are looking for some input from OneStream clients on their experience with building a granular workflow profile.  Looking for pros and cons.  If you stayed with this approach or ended up pulling back.  

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by James Kirkby

Hi Sheila - at JLL, we have both situations. One region loads all their data centrally, while another has 80 workflows which they use to load data. I think it depends on who is doing the work. For us, one region has one accounting team that loads data centrally from our ERP, then has people from that region help analyze adjust and certify the results. While the other, with 80 workflows, is geographically disbursed, so rather than try and coordinate with all of the various country/product based controllership teams, we just have them submit their results from PeopleSoft individually as they all know exactly when their ledger is closed. 

Biggest pros with more workflows are more control at the country level, the workflows run VERY quickly, and region level controllers have a view over what's being done by country and when via reporting and certification workflows.

Cons are more maintenance (i.e. new workflows have to be created when a new country comes on), and more licenses are needed to accommodate the workflows. Setting and maintaining security and adding users as turnover occurs also creates more work which can be cumbersome depending on your control environment.

Let me know if you have any other questions!