Import data on multiple scenarios within the same workflow and without changing the scenario in the POV

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Geoffroy des Dorides

4/27/2020

Import data on multiple scenarios within the same workflow and without changing the scenario in the POV: If scenario ACTUAL is selected I am able to import in my workflow only files of Data for Actual scenario. During the Actual process, my client is loading ACTUAL data and restatement on other scenarios such as ACTUAL_LY (actual comparable last year).

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Sam Richards

If you’re using a UD instead of a scenario to track their different views some of the time but have to have all the Uds the your data model is bigger then what it might need to be. I might recommend using a scenario to track the different looks the reason for that is your data model doesn't grow depending on the number of looks. I think if you wanted rules to run only on actual then you could use a different scenario type for the other so rules would be easier/more straight forward to write. So instead of the UD2 tracking the different looks you would just reference the other scenario. If you use the scenario you load the data and adjustments to actuals then it is just Scenario =Scenario style seeding rules.

We have a similar situation at a client. We load the data once to the Actual scenario and then we have a Data Connector that pulls the data from the Actual Stage to the other Scenarios. We had Martin create the data connector to accomplish this.