Invoking the connector rule in extender rule

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Hi All -  I have a requirement to automate the data load from ERP to OS every couple of hours and it is an On-Prem ERP.  My below is my approach.

1. I was able to integrate the ERP to OS using the Smart Integration Connector. - Completed.

2. I am thinking that If I can Invoke the connector rule in the extender rule then I can schedule using the DM. Does that work ? Can I call the Connector rule ? if not any other approach available ?

Please Suggest.

Thanks.

Thanks
Krishna
8 REPLIES 8

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi Kris, the typical way to do this is not via an extensibility rule, but by using Task Scheduler (see screenshot). This allows you to pick a DM Sequence and execute it as per your requirements.

Henning_0-1689671360514.png

Please note that when you copy the app, this will also copy the tasks scheduled. Typically one deactivates the tasks in the duplicated app in order to avoid running the tasks unnecessarily multiple times.

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Thanks Henning for your quick response. Yes I am aware of the Task Scheduler. Can I schedule the connector rule in Task Scheduler ?

Thanks
Krishna

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi Kris, sorry, I misread your question. There are a few posts covering this topic,. such as:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Workflow-and-Data-Integration/Automating-WF-Execution/m-p...

and

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Workflow-and-Data-Integration/Automation-of-workflow-usin...

You will find everything you need explained in those two posts.

Basically, you need an Import Workflow step to load the data where the connector rule is assigned to and then execute the WF step via your Extender BR, which in turn you execute from a Data Management Sequence which is then assigned to a task in Task Scheduler.

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

Hi Kris,

You can only call a connector business rule from an import workflow step. 

Now what you can do is automate the import validate load step from an extensibility rule to call your connector rule using an extensibility rule and you can then schedule it using the task scheduler.

You'll need API calls to build your extensibility rule.

wfClusterPk = BRAPi.Workflow.General.GetWorkflowUnitClusterPk(si, wfProfileName, scenarioName, timeName)	

BRApi.Import.Process.ExecuteParseAndTransform(si, wfClusterPk, String.Empty, Nothing, TransformLoadMethodTypes.ReplaceAllTime, SourceDataOriginTypes.FromDirectConnection, True)

BRApi.Import.Process.ValidateTransformation(si, wfClusterPk, True)

BRApi.Import.Process.ValidateIntersections(si, wfClusterPk, True)

BRApi.Import.Process.LoadCube(si, wfClusterPk)

Thanks, Omkareshwar

Archetype Consulting

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Thanks Omkareshwar. What API calls I require ? to call the connector rule ? Could you please explain more on this topic?

Thanks
Krishna

The connector can only be executed from the Import step so you're not calling the connector rule you'll be executing the Import Validate Load step from the Extensibility rule using those API calls. You can read this post to get more idea about that https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Workflow-and-Data-Integration/Automating-WF-Execution/m-p... 

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Thanks this was Helpful.

Thanks
Krishna

BSK
New Contributor III

Hi kris,

Hope you're well.

If this automation is working at your end, could you please post the complete script snippet here, if that's possible. we do have a similat requirement to automate the data loads. Thanks in advance.